Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
- Research and resolve POS integration inquiries from our Resellers/VAR’s
- Research, diagnose, and resolve customer’s issues: strive for first call resolution whenever possible
- Work is very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/troubleshooting skills in an area of specialization.
- Learn deep knowledge of our company’s partners, products, services, and features we offer to field wide variety of support calls
- Some support calls originate from merchants in the hospitality industry that use MICROS and Opera IPOS systems and involve credit card and gift card authorization and settlement support.
- Must understand technical fundamentals of computer systems and/or credit card processing and have the ability to communicate technical instructions and resolution procedures and in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Listening attentively to customer needs and concerns; while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer and our VAR’s
- Diagnose customer issues through process of elimination by asking probing questions as well as provide resolution by identifying problems & improving performance; researching answers & guiding customers through corrective steps
- Receive & resolve inbound calls, chats, projects, & manage the team caseload.
- Work directly with Vendors and Resellers to resolve any processing issues on both the front/back end integrations
- This position requires employees to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the public; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues; and complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
- Keep abreast of software releases, new feature functionality of software, updates, departmental policies and procedures and installation procedures.
- As a Payment Support Technician, you will occasionally be called upon to perform other duties not included in this job description.
- Demonstrate exemplary performance & attendance
- Must be flexible in work hours for 24/7 Call Center needs.