The Electrician will work closely with the venue teams of the Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation (UOLF) in the planning, installation, repair, and replacement of electrical related projects. The ideal candidate will also have a focus on best practices in energy efficiency for the UOLF and will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and the Venue General Managers for Utah Olympic Oval, Utah Olympic Park and Soldier Hollow Nordic Center in the identification, prioritization, and implementation of strategies aimed at managing utility costs.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Electrical troubleshooting and repair in accordance with current electrical codes
- Repair of existing electrical equipment and controls including wiring, pumps, motors, compressors, and generators.
- Repair of existing lighting systems.
- Repair of electrical issues with HVAC systems.
- Troubleshooting of electrical issues at venues.
- Future planning for electrical needs at venues.
- Inspect, test, calibrate, and record readings for a variety of electrical systems.
- Utilize instrumentation to test and monitor the capabilities, limits, and effectiveness of electrical systems, equipment, and processes of power systems, to measure the ongoing effectiveness of electrical systems and to assure the quality of maintenance and/or improvements.
- Improve existing electrical systems at venues.
- Oversee implementation of temporary electrical needs for major events at the venues.
- Programming, maintaining and troubleshooting control systems for venue facilities such as lighting, snowmaking systems and public adventure rides.
- Oversee the implementation of electrical related capital projects.
- Ability to specify and properly size wire, conduit, circuit breakers, and fuses per NEC and other applicable codes.
- Actively assess and implement energy efficiency opportunities where feasible.
- Work closely with venue teams to ensure responsible and efficient use of energy at the venues.
- Work closely with utility providers.
- Assist in sporting/special events as needed
- Assist other departments as needed
- Any other duties as assigned
- Journeyman Electrician licensed by the State of Utah with a minimum of five (5) years experience. Master Electrician license preferred.
- Must possess and demonstrate thorough knowledge of the 2011 National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent
- Ability to work with high voltages exceeding 4,000 volts
- A valid Drivers License
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
- Fire extinguisher use
- Lock out / Tag out
- Working safely on steep slopes
- Vehicle / ATV operations
- In run winch operation
- Chemical use
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.