SUMMARY OF OVERALL PURPOSE
Manage the day to day operations in Support Services, ensuring policies and practices are met or exceeded. Oversee all areas of Support Services and Inventory Dispatch including, but not limited to: Shipping, Receiving, Purchasing, Merchandise Management, Ordering, Inventory, Assets, Special Events, Scheduling, Gift Giving, Medical, Donations, Sewing Angel program, Storage, etc. Provide coverage in all areas of SS/ID, as needed.
- Manage the merchandise inventory and online processing.
- Manage the processing of requisitions through Passport inventory system.
- Complete cycle counts and audits.
- Process and manage all internal print requests and supplies for re-order and stocking.
- Research and purchase various supplies.
- Negotiate pricing and rates with various vendors to ensure best price and quality.
- Negotiate pricing and rates with various shippers to ensure best price, quality and shipping method.
- Evaluate shipping procedures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Schedule and coordinate all Event Set-up requests, managing the supplies and laundering of linens.
- Serve as the liaison with Gift Givers to provide guidance, recognition and support.
- Serve as the liaison with Sewing Angels to provide guidance, recognition and support.
- Recruit, hire, coach, manage, and mentor Support Services team.
- Conduct regular 1:1 sessions and annual reviews with each direct report to ensure alignment between expectations and team member performance.
- Maintain documentation to inform and measure direct reports performance.
- Recognize achievements being made in all areas of the department and create area celebrations for surpassing expectations.
- Coordinate coverage assistance to Support Services/Inventory Dispatch during special needs and vacations.
- Manage schedules, KPIs and best practices within Support Services.
All other duties as assigned.
Number of direct reports: 4
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OUTSIDE NORMAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to consistently move/lift up to 50 lbs. and occasionally 75 lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend, sit and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs over extended period of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in all conditions.
- Flexible work schedule with availability to work nights, weekends and extended shifts.