LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
Administrative Support (70%):
- Support sales managers and coordinators as needed.
- Monitor the group sales phone line (queue) and email Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm
- Electronically batch BEOs and resumes as needed for the weekly calendar meeting
- Assemble sales packets, keeping a standard par and replenished as needed
- Mail Wedding packet to inquiries from the Wedding Inquiry list from website
- Order departmental supplies monthly
- Code and submit invoices as requested by DOS
- Assist the team as requested in documenting, maintaining, and/or amending standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Training Modules
- Input prospects from various sources - travel, trade shows, memberships, direct inquiry, etc - into Maestro/tracing to appropriate Sales Manager.
- Support team with Maestro data entry, audits, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Organize digital folders in the shared G: drive, ensure the most up-to-date information is easily accessible and expired content is filed accordingly
- Keep Google and wall “event calendars” updated weekly
- Assist groups sales and accounting teams with researching urgent billing issues
- Support conference coordinators and sales managers by preparing proposals and/or contracts as requested
- Pull and/or create weekly and monthly reports for director of sales, conference event manager, and executive team members as needed
- Pre-wrapping amenities for guests.
- Send post-event surveys to groups on a weekly basis
- Work with marketing and as requested by director of sales for website content/maintenance
- Submit group URL requests to Maesto and check links for accuracy; troubleshoot as needed
Event Coordination (30%):
- Responsible for determining and conveying details of day-events for internal departments and organizations of Lake Junaluksa Assembly Inc, including but not limited to HR, Development,, Executive Office, Junaluskans, etc.
- Responsible for educating, directing and guiding internal departments through the planning process to ascertain the goals, and needs of the proposed day-event, in order to facilitate a smooth and flawless event for the department planning the event and the operational support departments providing services.
- Maintain extremely detailed documentation of all arrangements by utilizing:
- Maestro (PMS)
- Written agreements
- Digital and paper filing system of all correspondences
- Post-event recap notes
- Responsible for monitoring and following event process including event details, final counts, payments, signed BEOs, etc.
- Work in a team oriented environment and serves as a liaison between internal personnel planning the event and all other Lake Junaluska departments including front desk, meeting services, transportation, media, food services, reservations, etc.
- Reserve conference rooms, coordinate setup services, organize banquet or catering services, reserve video or audio equipment and plan any changes to the configuration of the event space.
- Create Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and meticulously document all event needs.
- Assure all operational staff members are informed well in advance of the needs, demands, goals and general details of an event.
- Check meeting space and be available for personnel planning the event before, during and after event
- Attend all BEO Meetings and provide needed support materials to operational staff
- Similarly plan other external client day-events as requested by DOS
- Similarly perform administrative and data-entry responsibilities for assigned program events (i.e. Summer and Winter Youth, Choir Music, Art of Music, Appalachian Christmas)
- Be able to make decisions in an autonomous manner that meet the needs of Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center.
- Possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guest expectations”.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor or the Human Resources department.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.