Nishmah, the St Louis Jewish Women’s Project, engages, inspires, and supports girls and women through educational, spiritual, and social programming. Nishmah creates and runs programming which builds bridges throughout the Jewish community, provides services which allow existing organizations to strengthen and develop their women’s programming and leadership, and serves as a community resource for Jewish women’s interests.
• Plan, coordinate and implement on-going programs of Jewish learning geared to Women and Girls in coordination and collaboration with Department of Jewish Life and other JCC Jewish cultural programming. Such as: Nishmah Salon Series, We Are Listening Series, etc. Continue to develop programming and outreach opportunities to further the mission of Nishmah in the community.
• Plan, coordinate and implement Nishmah’s major annual events, typically two in each calendar year. In past years has included events such as The Passover Journey, Shushan Nights, Lynnie’s Light, and Women’s Shabbat Retreat. Above program responsibilities to include: working with lay committee, program development, public relations & marketing, budget & financial accountability, recruitment & registration.
• Fundraising & Development in coordination with JCC Development department, to include relationship building & donor cultivation, program specific fundraising (i.e. Sharsheret, Women’s Shabbat Retreat, Passover Journey) annual gifts to operating budget, Women of the Well fundraising campaign, and foundation research and grant writing.
• Serve as a community resource and educator, consulting on issues of women, girls, and Jewish life. This includes partnership programming and fee for service program development to synagogues and agencies such as Jewish Federation and Hillel.
• Hiring and supervision of Nishmah program staff, to include: Sharsheret Supports Coordinator, Salon Series facilitators, and others as required.
• Work directly with Nishmah Committee and other Nishmah lay leadership. To include: bi-monthly full committee meetings, relationship building with committee chairs and sub-chairs (personal meetings), development sub-committee meetings, and programming sub- committee ( and other sub-committees that emerge from programming)
• Responsible for planning, managing and oversight of Nishmah budget including P & L monthly statements and strategic year to year budget planning.
• Partner with internal JCC departments as appropriate, i.e. Marketing, Development, Human Resources, Accounting, SRA, etc.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.