Responsible for assisting the store manager in store operations, staff training and providing excellent customer service in selling art materials and custom frame design.
- Accountable for opening and closing the store following procedures documented in the company procedure manual.
- Responsible for monitoring the transfer of the bank deposit from the store to the bank and reviewing the returned bank deposit receipts for its accuracy.
- Responsible for supervising and monitoring the job performance of the staff.
- Contribute to the training and development of new employees.
- Manage inventory, which includes inventory counts, adjustments, shelf- labeling and price changes to control product price and volume accuracy.
- Maintain knowledge of product availability to increase sales and provide customer satisfaction.
- Design custom framing to enhance the company’s commitment to provide customers with a professional creative service.
- Assist customers with product purchasing.
- Facilitate special orders and store transfers of requested items from other store locations.
- Be aware of special sales and promotions and impart that information to the customer.
- Receive cash, credit or debit charges, check payments and redeem gift certificates from customers to purchase merchandise.
- Handle returns and exchanges.
- Create invoices for store charges.
- Receive shipped merchandise by matching receiving work sheets with the product.
- Maintain a professional demeanor when relating to superiors, coworkers and customers.
- Comply with company policy and procedures.