Two Rivers Marketing is hiring a strategic communications director to join our growing team of 180 associates based in Des Moines, Iowa — this role will have the opportunity to work on leading animal nutrition and agricultural OEM accounts, among others. The strategic communications director is a member of the senior Strategic Communications leadership staff managing content strategy and overseeing content creation efforts, as well as guiding media relations efforts. This associate needs a strong background in animal health and / or agriculture. This position is responsible for all PR efforts and team member performance meeting significant monthly content needs across print, social and digital media channels.
This associate oversees PR staff allocation, strategic planning, measurement, and evaluation initiatives, and is responsible for overseeing client PR budgets. An associate in this position leads business growth efforts with current clients and participates in new business pitches by providing and presenting all necessary PR components. This is also the primary client contact for PR account management issues, requiring daily-to-weekly client interactions by phone and email and an average of one face-to-face meeting with the client each month.
This position is responsible for understanding the clients’ business objectives and maintaining a keen understanding of target audiences, channels, the buyer’s journey, and industry trends. This position requires experience in creating, implementing, and managing content marketing strategies across multiple channels. This position has a deep understanding of goal-oriented, branded content-style publishing and is a strong and versatile writer/editor committed to understanding audiences and how content serves each company’s organizational goals.
- Oversee all public relations activity for an account or group of accounts
- Create content marketing strategies based on the client’s unique business model, company budget and desired outcomes that include all relevant print, social and digital channels.
- Provide ongoing strategic direction for public relations and related efforts
- Work alongside Managing Director and Account Directors to formulate and monitor comprehensive long- and short-term plans including annual marketing plans
- Build client relationships and trust with clients’ personnel, including senior management
- Lead agency-client meetings and routine status calls as they relate to PR efforts
- Provide regular PR reports to clients including objectives, status, and results/measurement and refine as needed
- Manage the allocation of PR resources inside and outside the account group, including writing needs
- Writes/oversees the writing of press releases, feature stories, technical articles, etc.
- Provide oversight and estimates related to work authorizations required for public relations efforts not included in annual PR budgets
- Manage strategic communication team members within group
- Partner with account directors on approach to measurement and reporting across account(s). Provide insights and recommendations based on findings.
- Analyze competitors in the industry to identify their strengths and weaknesses in the marketplace.
- Understand target audiences for each account to determine the best way to reach them
- Identify key messages to effectively communicate each company’s brand, message and voice.
- Create editorial calendars based on workforce capabilities and company expectations
- Follow content marketing and design trends to implement innovative practices.
- Foster industry and strategic partner relationships on the clients’ behalf
- Serve as subject matter expert for public relations, content strategy and content marketing
- Keep client apprised of industry-relevant news with updates as they occur