This position is located at our Lloyd Corporate Plaza. The schedule for the position is Monday through Friday, business hours.
The Manager, Housing Compliance is responsible for all aspects of housing compliance including reporting, policy and procedures, and on-site file reviews for Cascadias portfolio of projects. This position provides consulting services for internal clients as well as external, including Cascadia owned properties and other partner agencies.
The Manager, Housing Compliance must understand, appreciate, and respect the diversity and cultural differences within our Cascadia community. As such, it is expected that this position promotes integrated care, our vision of trauma-informed and person-first approaches and helps create a work environment of inclusion, safety, and acceptance.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of housing compliance. Implement policies and procedures which support the mission of Cascadia Housing.
- Monitor laws, regulations and programs affecting tenant selection and certification, anticipate impact, develop strategies for continued compliance, and communicate these issues to staff as appropriate.
- Monitor overall portfolio performance regarding timeliness and accuracy of reporting.
- Understand and apply knowledge in areas of Fair Housing & Landlord Tenant laws
- Oversee and manage fair housing complaints.
- Designated 504c manager
- System of Award Management (SAM) administrator
- Design waitlist tracking system and provide oversight of general and property specific waitlists.
- Maintain tenant databases for HUD projects. Submit accurate and timely invoices to HUD and/or HUD Contract Administrator using TRACS or similar (HUD-mandated) electronic submission system.
- Maintain tenant and property databases for all affordable housing programs. Use information to ensure re-certifications are completed in a timely fashion and compile annual compliance reports for agencies as required.
- Provide administration and oversight to our Property Management Software, YARDI
- Preview tenant files and certifications prior to execution with the tenant. Provide a list of required corrections with the recommended course of action to achieve compliance.
- Oversee the annual recertification process.
- Provide Property Management Team with advice, training and information regarding property operations, compliance, leasing, legal documents, legal processes and other aspects of tenant relations and property management.
- Determine staffing requirements, recruit, hire, and train staff in a manner that encourages and maintains diversity and cultural responsiveness.
- Establish work plans and priorities for staff members, assess the progress of staff members.
- Provide consistent supervision and support for direct reports.
- Promote and complete annual employee training requirements on a timely basis.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development.
- Assist Asset Manager with establishing and managing budgets for assigned program and monitor monthly expenses.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity.
- Create, model and maintain a work culture that supports and values inclusion, equity and diversity.
- Attend and participate in all meetings as assigned, including but not limited to staff and team meetings, consultations with staff, individual and group supervision.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers to promote quality and efficiency in Cascadia operations.