Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to join our Information Technology Group. The employee will be engaged in various aspects of design and delivery of high quality business applications, identifying and driving resolution of system malfunctions to meet quality standards. The Engineer will develop and execute functional, integration, performance and scalability tests, and may be engaged in test automation projects. The Engineer will also participate in review of system requirements and technical design specifications to provide timely and meaningful feedback, and collaborate with software engineers to ensure quality is engineered into the products and proper tools are made available for troubleshooting.
- Work with Jira and TestRail to evaluate requirements, communicate with the development team, and build comprehensive test cases for each deliverable
- Investigate and question requirements to ensure alignment with stakeholder goals as well as deliver high-quality features
- Actively participate in fleshing out architectural issues during the planning phase for each deliverable
- Develop modular test plans with streamlining of processes and automation in mind
- Document questions, concerns, and test plan output in a timely and detailed fashion
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven work experience in software development or quality assurance. Experience with troubleshooting POS Software is a plus.
- An eye for details, and a drive to provide the best possible user experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. TestRail) is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a plus
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or relevant work experience
We are looking for individuals that are extremely self-sufficient, available to work flexible hours, & hold themselves to the highest standards of professionalism. We will be evaluating candidates based on how they interview, prior experiences, functional knowledge, and references.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.