Messiah Lifeways® is looking for a new team member who will bring their skills, experience, and enthusiasm to the important role of Personal Care (Enhanced Living) Nursing Assistant (NA) in our Nittany neighborhood. We offer exceptional benefits and value a collaborative, purpose-driven workplace. If you meet the requirements below and are passionate about enhancing the lives of older adults, we want to hear from you!
Nursing Assistants are critical members of Personal Care teams. NAs assist with various resident care activities, including basic hygiene tasks, in a designated neighborhood.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Encourages and supports residents to be as independent as possible in performance of activities of daily living
- Performs tasks related to personal hygiene and physical comfort of residents
- Assists with medications, treatments, and therapies under the direction of licensed personnel
- Transfers residents from bed to chair, etc., with personnel assistance as necessary
- Reports changes in residents' physical condition, mental status, and appetites to staff nurse
- Takes meal trays to residents who require this service
- Helps to orient new residents to the neighborhood
- High School Diploma or GED recognized by the Department of Education or active registry status on the Pennsylvania Nurse Aide registry required.
- First aid and CPR certifications preferred. Will provide training if not currently certified
- 18 years of age or older
- Prefer Nursing Assistant training and meets requirements to maintain registration. Formal training or previous hospital, nursing home, or personal care home experience preferred.
We offer competitive benefits, growth opportunities, and shift differentials! In order to be considered, please complete the online application by clicking “Apply” below.
Messiah Lifeways is an award-winning non-profit organization that provides a network of services for adults 55 and better in the Central Pennsylvania region. Learn more at MessiahLifeways.org.