Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
We are currently seeking a full-time Business Intelligence Architect to be a part of a growing internal team. The position requires 7+ years of prior experience as a data analyst or architect. As a BI Architect, you will take lead with designing the BI Data Warehouse, establish and maintain the organization's Data Dictionary, and engage on a proactive basis to make information and analytics available through the organization, at different levels.
Candidates must demonstrate experience with several analytic tools, such as ETL, Database, and Visualization, and have advanced skills to query and manipulate data using both SQL and Excel. Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in making useful inferences and driving improvement actions from large data sets that are messy and not easily understood. There may be up to 50% travel required.
Demonstration of polished oral and written communication skills in engaging colleagues, clients, and potential clients is essential.
- Define and document business intelligence policies and procedures, standards, and metrics to support customer analytics business rules.
- Establish data quality processes and compliance with data standards for data domains.
- Troubleshoot issues with data quality as identified by stakeholders.
- Perform activities to address data extraction, data validation, data cleansings, data harmonization, business logic, exception handling, and required data indication.
- Design and build a data inventory including field definitions, ontologies, list of values (LOVs), and mappings as requested by the stakeholder and defined by requirements.
- Understand critical data relationships and customer data domains.
- Collaborate with business process owners, data producers, and data consumers to get an understanding of current processes and systems that has a direct impact on the quality of the enterprise data.
- Work with data engineers to define and maintain a customer data model and analytics solutions.
- Data Visualization Tools (Tableau, Tableau Server, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL (SQL, Stored Procedures, Dynamic SQL, Joins, Aggregation, etc.)
- Experience with Data Structure Solutions (Big Data, RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Experience with a couple of Database Systems (Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL,Postgress, etc.
- Understanding of Data Governance, Data Integrity, Master Data Management, Data Quality
- Design, Develop, and Deployment Best Practices
- Experience with building and maintaining data catalogs required
- Experience structuring and analyzing large quantities of data and information for statistical and analytical modeling
- Understanding of Business Intelligence Best Practices, Architectures, Tools, Methodologies, and Software
- Good Strong oral, written communication and leadership skills
- Proven ability to partner with client stakeholders from various parts of an organization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and workstreams in a fast-paced environment
- Data Architect deep understanding of ETL Tools, Best Practice Processes (Enterprise ETL Tools, Self-Service, Data Preparation)
- Experience with SDLC methodologies (Agile and Waterfall Development)
- Experience with Data Modeling
- Exposure to predictive analytics, AI and ML
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or relevant work experience
We are looking for individuals that are extremely self-sufficient, available to work flexible hours, & hold themselves to the highest standards of professionalism. We will be evaluating candidates based on how they interview, prior experiences, functional knowledge, and references.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.