LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guest expectations”.
- Responsible for the overall training, planning, organization, development and direction of the housekeeping, custodial and laundry departments and functions in accordance with Federal, State and Local standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for the supervision of staff which involves direct and indirect responsibilities for developing departmental policies and procedures, scheduling, training, delegating work assignments, motivating, creating and maintaining a positive work environment and routine performance appraisals. Regularly evaluate safe work practices and document in performance appraisals.
- Perform routine inspections of all guest rooms to ensure the highest quality of hospitality standards are met for every guest.
- Regularly communicates with housekeeping, custodial and laundry supervisors with an emphasis on the Lake Junaluska goal of exceeding guest expectations. And, ensure work is performed within compliance of all policies, procedures and standards with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the accountability of housekeeping, custodial, and laundry staff in the fulfillment of daily assignments, quality of work, completing work timely and within budget.
- Responsible for the requisitioning of all housekeeping, custodial and laundry supplies and equipment. Maintain adequate levels of inventory to provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment for LJA guests.
- Responsible for maintaining the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. to include, training staff on proper equipment use and maintenance.
- Responsible for developing and positively managing a recommended budget to meet staffing, equipment and supply needs for the overall departmental budgets.
- Process all payables efficiently and timely in accordance with accounting policy.
- Responsible for housekeeping’s overall compliance of the LJA Human Resources Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Actively attend and participate in Leadership Team Meetings as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned