*The candidate must be LOCAL to the Allentown, PA area*
Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for assisting Shift4 Payments implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
The Business Analyst serves as the liaison between the sales, operations, and technical development teams. This person will be responsible for eliciting, analyzing, validating, specifying, and managing the business needs of the stakeholders; including customers, partners and end users. The Analyst will work closely with business units, subject matter experts and technical resources to identify business needs, define projects, develop requirements, report results and manage the effort to completion.
- Collaborates with customers, application developers, project management and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality business solutions
- Interfaces with the business areas, customers, partners, vendors, technical staff, and project teams to drive value, return on investments and innovative solutions. This includes providing alternative solutions, including vendor solution acquisitions, with maximum benefits while reducing cost (e.g. cost benefit analysis, pros/cons of solutions)
- Creates and maintains project lifecycle documents/deliverables (vision/scope document, supplemental specifications, mockups/designs, flow diagrams, testing plan, and training materials)
- Translates business needs into clearly defined, detailed, and documented requirements, functional designs, and system supplemental specifications for new applications
- Analyzes change requests/enhancements in existing applications
- Manages job and project requirements so that projects are completed on time, in scope, within budget, with minimal defects
- Provides assistance on defining application development project deliverables
- Obtains appropriate level of signoff as needed throughout the project lifecycle
- Assures full compliance to required standards throughout the project lifecycle
- Assists with all aspects of requirements testing (testing plan, scenarios, documentation, defect management) to ensure minimal production UAT defects as well as performing analysis of the customer impact
- Assists with testing/QA/QC and provides root cause analysis and corrective action plans
- Assists in the resolution of risks, defects and issues
- Verifies that the delivered application requirements meet the customer needs based on the specifications, ensuring minimal defects in both UAT and production
- Assists with providing project status updates to the appropriate clients and stakeholders
- Provides required business and/or subject matter expertise for both project and production related activities
- Identifies, documents, and escalates risks, defects, and issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Analyzes data to determine business problem, trends, or opportunities for process improvements
- Participates as a subject matter expert for new strategic programs or initiatives impacting current and existing systems
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to execute on deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation
- High level of written/oral communication
- Experience in project management-related activities
- Experience in group and/or management presentations
- Understanding and/or experience with software/web development
- Recommended: experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence), GitHub / GitLab
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or relevant work experience
We are looking for individuals that are extremely self-sufficient, available to work flexible hours, & hold themselves to the highest standards of professionalism. We will be evaluating candidates based on how they interview, prior experiences, functional knowledge, and references.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.