LJA Mission Statement
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of “exceeding guest’s expectations”.
- Must maintain professional appearance including wearing a clean, pressed uniform and keeping clean hands and good hygiene in order to handle clean, white linens
- Must be honest, reliable, and prompt.
- Responsible for receiving dirty laundry in carts and loading washing machine with like materials. i.e. keeping things separate and straight. Ex. Whites/colors, sheets/towels, and from which building the laundry originates.
- Programing washing machines -turning on and selecting correct cycle for the desired outcome.
- Unloading wet towels/sheets/linens from machines into carts. Then pushing carts to the dryers and loading into dryers.
- Unloading dryers and taking laundry to folding tables. Folding items neatly and keeping sheets, towels and linens organized with similar types, properly prepared for laundry truck to deliver.
- Must be able to do repetitive work, frequently monotonous in nature.
- Must check inventories of chemicals, and communicate with supervisor when ordering is necessary.
- Must keep laundry area clean, dusted and mopped. Cleans lint traps out daily.
- Must answer calls from around campus
- Scrubs, disinfects and deodorizes all laundry carts daily.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor or the Human Resources department.
- Immediately report any damaged, non-properly functioning, or unsafe machinery or working condition to the supervisor and/or Director.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.