Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.” As a Food Production Associate, you’ll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
What you’ll do…
- Clean and sanitize Plant Food Contact Surfaces according to Sanitation Plan
- Wash totes, containers, pallets and barrels
- Fill barrels and tubs with water (dipping stations).
- Remove cardboard from work areas.
- Clean non-food contact surfaces as needed
- Mix chemicals to instruction (used in the tasks of cleaning and sanitizing)
- Cleans floors (pressure washing) and conveyors around machines
- Removes machine guards and accessories to clean
- Use personal protective equipment at all times.
- Lift and wash large cans, containers, and pallets (up to 50lbs)
- Empty trash containers
What we look for…
- Team player, detail oriented, with abilty to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work in a wet, refrigerated environment -( 36 degrees)
- Available to work 5:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., including weekends and holidays (schedule subject to change)
- Good oral and written communication skills (including ability to read and write in English)
What you’ll gain…
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program