SleepQuest, Inc. improves medical outcomes for patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea and delivers cost savings for them and payers across the country. The company provides patient centered sleep care management encompassing screening, diagnostic sleep testing, sleep therapy, patient education and ongoing care. SleepQuest is accredited by the Joint Commission as a full-service provider of home-based sleep care services offered regionally through its patient care centers, nationally and globally through its web-based and telehealth services.
About the Role:
The Customer Service Representative uses advanced communication skills to provide consistent excellent patient care from our local call center in San Carlos, CA. The ideal candidate enjoys resolving inquiries and following processes. Our call center is unique and tight nit with kind service-oriented team members. They are tasked with fulfilling patient supply orders and creating a seamless experience for patients through our Ongoing Care Program. The Customer Service Representative in this role will be supported by a great manager who’s focused on providing patients with quality care and continuously helps develop their team’s knowledge in the healthcare space. If this seems like a great fit for you, keep reading below!
As a Customer Service Representative, you will:
Educate our patients regarding their ongoing care
- Respond to patient inquiries via phone/email systems from our centralized OGC department location in San Carlos, CA.
- Become the subject matter expert on renewal prescriptions and eligibility of benefits to help patients navigate through our Ongoing Care Program
- Educate patients on care and maintenance of supplies to ensure successful therapy
Develop expertise in the healthcare space
- Refer patients to proper departments or service centers for relevant clinical needs
- Adhere to HIPAA standards and enters sensitive patient data in our medical billing software
- Files documentation and completes administrative tasks as needed
- Contribute to workflow process improvements
Other ad-hoc projects/responsibilities as needed
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years' experience in a customer service capacity is ideal
- Someone who loves to learn, especially about healthcare!
- A great communicator who is service oriented
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong IT/PC skills (Microsoft Office Suite and similar tools)
- Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Preferred but not required:
- Demonstrated experience in the medical industry and knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Prior experience with database management systems, such as Brightree and Snapworx preferred
- 401k Match
- Monthly Lunches at our onsite locations
- SQ pays 100% of employee medical base plans
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time Monday Friday onsite, 8:30-5:00 w/ ½ hour lunch and two 10 minute breaks
- Non-Exempt (Overtime must be approved in advance with manager)
- Reports to Ongoing Care Supervisor