Education: Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Sciences or Athletic training required. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
Licensure/Certification: CPR, First Aid and AED certifications (must be obtained within 60 days of hire date)
Experience: One year of supervisory experience required, fitness industry experience a plus.
Expertise: Health and wellness
Language: English; bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Hours of Work: Starting out 8am-5pm M-F with some weekend/evening work; however, hours of work are subject to change due to adjustments to the Fitness Center's hours of operation.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services, including marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Ability to coordinate activities and people.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and make decisions.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read and understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to engage in active listening and learning.
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills and actively looks for ways to help people.
- Ability to monitor/assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Ability to manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Ability to persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes
- Possess excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.