An unwavering pursuit of health. This is what we stand for.
If these words resonate with you, then explore job opportunities with us.
CellNetix Pathology and Laboratories is a dynamic, rapidly growing physician- and employee-owned pathology practice and lab headquartered in Seattle, Washington with locations throughout the state. Driven by impeccable attention to detail, we're resolute in meeting the exceedingly high standards of quality we set for our laboratory, our customer service, our business and ourselves.
It is our Vision to rethink, redefine and reset the standard of care for pathology groups and laboratories in the country.
The responsibility of a Histology Technician II is to prepare and process tissue samples for pathologists to exam and interpret. In addition to performing all Histotech I job functions, Histology Technician II must have intermediate Histology skills and participate in leading and contributing to continuing education. Some tasks performed by this position require the technician to be eligible for high complexity testing. Environmental hazards such as formalin, communicable disease, fresh human tissue, etc. are present in the workplace. The Histology Technician must adhere to strict HIPAA standards as well as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements. This position may be selected as a Lead with Lead responsibilities.
Hours: 1st or 2nd shift available
Histology Technician II may perform any of the following duties or groups of duties:
- Maintains processors, microtomes, stainers and coverslipping machines
- Performs frozen section procedures as needed
- Conducts hazardous waste control and proper disposal of all biohazardous materials and chemically hazardous materials
- Performs IHC testing including sendouts preparation, quality control and system documentation
- Prepares reagents
- Labels slides and distributes cases to pathologists
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of tissue structures, techniques, principles, theory and instrumentation
- Familiarity with routine handling of outside customer samples
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to learn new computer software
- Must be able to prioritize job tasks and meet deadlines
- HT/HTL (ASCP) certified
- 3 year of Histology experience required
- Familiarity with intermediate laboratory chemistry
- Prolonged sitting
- Lifting up to 20 lbs
- Manual dexterity
Compensation Range for Histotech II or III: $21.00 - $37.00 plus additional hourly shift differential pay for hours 5:00pm-7:00am of $4.00-$6.00/hour
histotech, HT, histo tech, histology technician