The Metro Atlanta Chamber Economic Development Department is dedicated to recruiting, retaining, and expanding quality jobs to the 29-county metro-Atlanta region. This objective, in part, helps to grow the region’s global connectivity around the world and helps local companies find opportunities abroad. Targeted ecosystems include Bioscience/Health IT, Smart Cities, Supply Chain/Advanced Manufacturing and technology and their subclusters. The Department does this work through a variety of methods, but relies heavily on its partners at the state, utility companies, local economic development organizations (EDOs), and educational institutions.
Primary projects: Under the direction of the Director of the Economic Development team, the intern will perform the following duties:
- Assist in the logistics of meetings, events, and conferences. Sometimes these events will involve working cross-departmentally with other teams at MAC;
- Assist in special interest projects and initiatives for the Ecosystem Expansion Directors, scope may involve Global Health, Smart Cities, Supply Chain, Technology, Creative Media, etc.
- Complete Expense Reports and Budget Consolidation as needed for the Ecosystem Expansion Directors, adhering to code guidelines set by the Finance Department;
- Assist in scheduling for the Director and Chief Economic Development Officer;
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines when providing project management assistance to the Project Management team;
- Prepare and update marketing collateral for various initiatives;
- Verify, maintain, and update internal databases; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.