At a glance:
You love to lead and inspire people. And you love advertising. As a passionate student of effective creative, you have a keen sense of what is good, what is great and what is ingenious. Besides a mastery of ideas, words and images--of sight, sound and motion--you also know how to harness the power of strategy. If you can put all of that together to create great work that works, we want you. This is a senior-level creative position based in Portland, Oregon.
Perhaps, at this point in your career, you're already a great CD. Or maybe you're ready to step up to that role after years of success as an ACD (Art or Copy). Have you outgrown the Digital-only space? Maybe you have a great DRTV reel and want to join an agency that values your ability to persuade and sell? If you're tired of spending your work life developing spec work that never sees the light of day, you'll love working at R2C Group. Here, your great ideas WILL get made. We've got lots of real work to do!
What does a Creative Director do at R2C Group?
- Is an expert in making advertising designed to build brands and produce sales simultaneously.
- Learn our proven approach to advertising called Transactional Brand Building.
- Lead world-class creative teams through every phase of the Transactional Brand Building cycle (strategy, concept, execution, celebration!).
- Builds relationships.
- Collaborate with our other departments, including Brand Strategy, Client Services, Production, Media and Analytics.
- Establish and build trusting relationships with key client stakeholders. Human to human. Over the phone and over dinner.
- Develop productive partnerships with directors, photographers, composers and other valuable contributors to best-in-class work.
- You love to mentor, teach, coach and inspire.
- Manages complex projects.
- Take assignments from initial strategy through concepting, copywriting, design, pre-production, shoots, edits; and you will be a major influence on each stage of development and execution.
- You will learn more about video production in your first year than any of your peers will ever know in an entire career.
- You will handle multiple projects at a time and many projects in any given year.
- Looks to the future.
- Keep up with industry shifts and cultural trends.
- You will become an expert in the growing field of DTC marketing.
- You will have a discernable impact on this company, your client’s business and the industry as a whole.
What makes a great Creative Director at R2C Group?
- 2+ years of experience as an ACD or above.
- Significant experience working for an agency or a major brand’s in-house creative department.
- Strong conceptual portfolio (TV, video, print and digital).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Attention to detail amid aggressive deadlines.
- Portfolio school and/or undergraduate degree.