Facility Solutions Group is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in lighting, electrical, energy, and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through quality products, service and support by contributing to the quality of life of all employees.
As one of the nation's largest single-source providers of lighting and electrical products, electrical services, electrical construction, and energy management solutions we are expanding our staff and seeking a Structured Cabling Technician to join the FSG Houston - Technology team.
As a Structured Cabling Technician you will be responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing cable infrastructure in a low voltage environment. The ideal candidate will be able to meet the physical demands of the worksite as well as provide excellent customer service. We are looking for career-minded candidates who are willing to learn and grow with the company.
A Structured Cabling Technician will:
- Perform major and minor preventive maintenance and repairs by troubleshooting cabling system issues
- Identify, track and remove abandoned cables
- Test every newly installed or relocated cable in accordance with established procedures
- Keep cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards
- Develop in-depth knowledge of National Building Codes and standards
- Record time and materials used
- Assist other members of the team with installation and maintenance
- Be able to work in various environments including outdoors in varying degrees of weather working at heights, and in small confined spaces.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, ladders, and test equipment