- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of prior experience in HR/Recruiting/Administration required.
- Prior experience as an HR Onboarding Specialist is a major plus.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office and willingness to learn additional software as needed such as Paycom.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of Recruiting, HR concepts, policies and procedures.
- Enthusiastic approach to improving process efficiency.
- Must be proactive, and a resourceful teammate, with a can-do attitude.
- Succinct, clear, and professional communicator.
- Display sound judgement and prioritizing skills.
- Have passion and enthusiasm for bringing great talent into Bronx Parent Housing Network.
- Ability to remain calm, cool, and collected while managing many important tasks simultaneously.
- Resourcefulness, and the self-motivation to learn the business.
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of internal and external parties.
- Passion for customer service, and true empathy for our candidates.
- A keen eye for details across the board.
- Team oriented, demonstrated ability to work independently, with all levels of management, use sound judgment and make decisions and recommendations.
- Able to prioritize and work well under pressure.
Willingness to collaborate and achieve results in cooperation with others.
A strong interest in BPHN’s mission.
Demonstrated commitment to the HR function
Accuracy, timeliness, and acute attention to detail and impeccable follow-up skills.
Strong ethical standards, handle multiple tasks confidentially with integrity
Professional manner in person and on the telephone.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills including the ability to listen well.
POSITION SCOPE: Employee is responsible to assist with agency wide development and implementation of HR related policies, procedures and programs.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Independently works through routine problems, determining solutions from established standards or procedures.
KNOWLEDGE: Duties require a thorough understanding of HR concepts, policies and procedures.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Makes routine low-cost expenditures, as determined by department need or designated by supervisor.
CONTACTS: Works primarily with staff within department, Chief Administrative Officer, and Department Heads.
Ability to travel locally using public transportation. Required to speak clearly and hear the spoken word well. Required on a regular basis to be prepared to utilize appropriate techniques to ensure consumers safety. Required to utilize near vision to read data and other documents including spreadsheets and reports in printed form or on computer screens. Regularly required to move fingers, wrist and arms in a repetitive manner to operate office equipment.
AGENCY EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES
Adheres to Bronx Parents Policies and Procedures. Acts as a role model within and outside the agency. Performs duties as workload necessitates. Attendance and Dependability: the employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Communication and Contact: the employee communicates both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside BPHN. Relationships with others: the employee works and communicates effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside BPHN. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships. Employee adheres to mission statement and guiding principles.
Thank you for your interest in working with us!
EEO STATEMENT: BPHN provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement to all employees and applicants for employment. BPHN does not discriminate against any individual based on race, creed, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, age, national origin, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or self-image, gender appearance, behavior or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, family medical history or request for or receipt of genetic services, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest or conviction history, or any other characteristic or status protected by law in employment decisions including recruitment, hiring, compensation, fringe benefits, staff development and training, promotion or transfer, lay-off or termination, or any other condition of employment. BPHN is committed to fostering diversity at all levels.
Proof of Vaccination is a Job Requirement at BPHN