WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
The Marketing Communications Manager will play an integral role in shaping and elevating MusiCares' brand image and reputation. The Manager partners with the Managing Director of Marketing & Partnerships to create a comprehensive multi-channel communications plan that reaches music industry, public supporters, and press. The position is responsible for all stages of the communications cycle, from message creation to message dissemination. The position will develop and execute a mix of marketing campaigns and partnership activations using strategies and tactics across traditional and new media channels to achieve set objectives. The job necessitates the ability to execute efficiently and aggressively.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Help create marketing campaigns, partnership activations, editorial content and videos, public presentations, and other communication strategies that promote awareness of the MusiCares' mission, goals, programs, and services.
- Write, edit, prepare, facilitate approval of and distribute marketing communications, corporate communications and public communications to achieve MusiCares' brand and partnership goals
- Write, edit, prepare, facilitate approval of and distribute website and social media strategies
- Write, edit, prepare and facilitate approval of email strategies for MusiCares supporters
- Serve as a coordinator with Recording Academy communication teams across Marketing & PR
- Traffic a communications calendar to sync up our corporate, public, and marketing communications
- Execute communication plan for all for special events as needed, including the annual Person of the Year fundraiser
- Maintain MusiCares brand assets including logos, photo archive, digital artwork, videos, presentation decks, and all branded template materials
- Provide communications counsel and support to internal clients and senior leadership as needed; may include preparation of written materials and support of public speaking engagements and presentations.
- Continuous development and implementation of long-term communications strategy for MusiCares
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3-5 years related work experience.
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree with major in: Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or other related field.
- Passion for MusiCares mission and desire for a career in service.
- Outstanding creative verbal and written communication skills featuring strong grammar, editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated success composing and implementing creative cross-platform communications.
- Must be detail oriented, with strong organizational skills in order to manage a continuous workflow in a high volume, multi-tasking environment.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to interact with variety of different constituents.
- Thrives in a collaborative and entrepreneurial business environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excited by the challenges that come along with expanding a premier icon brand and expanding marketing partnership activations.
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge and/or comparable database products and how to optimize internal lists and data for marketing.
- Computer skills, including MS Office suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Mail Chimp and/or comparable creative suite software.
Physical demands for certain roles:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time, and work at a computer for long periods of time. The employee will be required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
A friend and ally of the music community, MusiCares safeguards the health and well-being of all music people. A four-star charity and safety net in times of need, MusiCares offers confidential preventative, recovery, and emergency programs to address financial, medical, and personal health issues. Through the generosity of our donors and volunteer professionals, our dedicated team works across the country to ensure the music community has the resources and support it needs.
The Recording Academy provides equal opportunity in programs and employment and is strongly committed to maintaining a climate supportive of respect for differences and equality of opportunity. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.