About Equal Justice Works
The mission of Equal Justice Works is to create a just society by mobilizing the next generation of lawyers committed to equal justice. Equal Justice Works is a recognized leader in the public interest law movement. Please go to www.equaljusticeworks.org to learn more about Equal Justice Works.
Equal Justice Works provides a continuum of opportunity that begins with incoming law school students and extends into later careers in the profession. From advocating for law school programs that instill public service values among students, to creating summer and postgraduate public interest jobs, to addressing the staggering educational debt that blocks lawyers from going into public service, Equal Justice Works inspires and provides opportunities for the legal community to change lives, make careers, and deliver on the promise of justice for all.
The purpose of this position is to manage programs within the Law School Engagement and Advocacy Unit and the Program Manager will report to the Director of the Law School Engagement & Advocacy.
- Supports the Vice President and Director of Law School Engagement & Advocacy in the tactical execution of the unit's strategic goals.
- Serves as the relationship manager to law school members
- Onboards new law school members, customizing experience based on level of engagement and knowledge of the organization, and evaluates and improves upon process when necessary
- Provides insights related to planning and implementing key membership activities, identifying opportunities for the organization to better serve law school members.
- Provides regular updates and feedback on law school member trends, issues, and opportunities to LSEA Director and Vice President
- Develops and implements a member engagement, retention, and recruitment plan.
- Serves as a knowledgeable and invested resource for law schools and law students
- Publicly represents Equal Justice Works within the national public interest law community, presenting on topics such as but not limited public interest law and student debt relief.
- Designs and implements tools, resources, and presentations for law school members, including design and distribution of new member welcome kits.
- Manages the scheduling and coordination of in-person and virtual law school events, including but limited to law school visits and career fairs
- Manages the Student Representative program
- Manages and tracks the annual membership dues process.
- Maintains data on Equal Justice Works programs and activities.
- Manages and monitors departmental budgets, including but not limited to the Membership budgets.
- Supports the unit’s stewardship of the National Advisory Committee.
- Works closely with the Senior Manager of LSEA on special projects
- Collaborates with other units to execute major unit and organization-wide projects.
- Executes external communications with core constituents.
- Actively participates in the organization’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion initiatives.