The Facilities Manager must be a self-starter with strong leadership skills. This person manages the maintenance team and building operations of two multi-use residential properties. Key areas of responsibility will include but not be limited to all facility equipment, HVAC, plumbing, lighting, solar panels, and roofing systems, as well as assistance with general building maintenance. This full-time position supervises a maintenance team and will report directly to the Chief of Operations.
- Ensure proper and efficient operation of all building systems and equipment, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical plants, solar panels, lighting, climate control, and roofing systems.
- Develop short- and long-term strategic and proactive facilities maintenance schedules.
- Assist in annual budget development process for overall building operations and maintenance, including repairs and capital improvements.
- Adhere to and follow a recurring preventative maintenance schedule for each facility operating system.
- Work with vendors and contractors for maintenance and repair of systems and equipment.
- Maintain building security, access and keys for all spaces.
- Conduct regular facility and fire inspections and ensure that all facility permits are in compliance with the appropriate agency (including but not limited to elevator, fire, health, etc.).
- Maintain facility insurance and licensure; monitor OSHA and ADA compliance, as well as any other applicable housing, health, and fire code regulations.
- Maintain company vehicles repairs and maintenance; maintain employee records for vehicle insurance.
- Manage organizations Disaster Preparedness Plan and staff Emergency Response Team.
- Responsible for ensuring that rooms/space scheduled for use or rental are set-up as specified.
- Assist with general building maintenance and janitorial duties in coordination with cleaning company, including but not limited to trash removal, carpet cleaning, painting, equipment installations, changing light bulbs, debris removal, and landscape work/gardening.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies (I.e. Flexibility, Communication Proficiency, Budget Management, Relationship Management)
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
This position supervises a team of facilities technicians.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments. There is regular exposure to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors as required,
- ability to work at heights and in confined spaces,
- ability to work extended periods of time both walking and/or standing,
- ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Days and hours of work are 9:00 am 5:30 pm, with flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years facilities engineering field experience, including HVAC, electrical and plumbing
- 2 3 years leadership experience preferred.
- Bachelors required; additional vocational training in any engineering or maintenance trade preferred.
- Certifications in Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, HVAC, Electrical, Boiler operation, Absorption Chiller operation, Plumbing, or Pneumatics preferred.
- Clean DMV record required
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Basic competence in MS Outlook and MS Excel required; advanced experience with MS Office applications preferred.
- Proficiency with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) required
- Facilities management experience in the industry.
Downtown Womens Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin and ancestry, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status or medical condition. In addition to federal law requirements, Downtown Women's Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.