- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing housing properties including, but not limited to, unit acquisition, landlord cultivation, rent collection, tenant selection, unit maintenance, and repairs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and skill set.
- Demonstrated track record of property management rent collection between 80% and 90% collection rate.
- Ability to manage financial reporting, tracking, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Demonstrated understanding of housing market and strategic analysis of housing opportunities to obtain housing for Fortune’s participants.
- Skilled ability to negotiate unit acquisition with landlords to obtain housing for Fortune’s participants including individual, shared units.
- Demonstrated results and outcomes focused manager.
- Demonstrated ability to operationalize and build out a cohesive property management department by developing policy and procedures using industry best practices.
- Skilled leader, and manager with demonstrated ability to teach, and develop staff.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid NYS driver’s license and be approved to drive on agency insurance.
- Must have a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities working with homeless individuals with substance abuse, mental health and/or criminal justice issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and property management and other database systems.
- Ability to work well on your own and be self-directed, but also as part of a team.
- Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs when necessary, and travel within the NYC boroughs to meet landlords.
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant life experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements - Travel throughout New York City is a must as landlord negotiation, unit and building tours and inspections are needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.