Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.” As a Custodian, you’ll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
This position will be responsible for learning to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on Pacific Coast Fruit Company vehicles. This could include troubleshooting and repairing diesel, hydraulic, electrical, refrigeration, and mechanical equipment. The pride, enthusiasm, and ownership each Mechanic brings to their role is critical to the success of the company.
What you'll do:
- Perform general cleanup of all areas of the building as directed (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning, etc.)
- Remove garbage and recycling daily
- Ensure that the compactor area is free of all debris around the compactor
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing floor drains and test with sanitizer strength strips
- Carry out cleansing tasks and special projects
- Handle emergency cleaning as needed
- Refill hand towels, toilet paper as needed
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Other duties may be assigned
What we look for:
- 1 to 2 years of janitorial experience
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs
- Able to work in a refrigerated warehouse
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery sitting Zamboni, sitting forklift
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Willingness to work early morning
- Strong attention to detail
- Integrity and ability to work independently
What you'll gain:
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program