Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.” As a Custodian, you’ll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
This position is responsible for repairs, installations and inspections of all mechanical equipment and electrical systems in the Warehouse Area. This includes performing work in accordance with safety procedures and requirements. In addition, this position will maintain machinery to reduce replacement costs.
What you'll do
- Repair and install machinery/equipment
- Analyze and repair electrical problems
- Estimate and schedule work completion including but not limited to work schedule, cost, required man-hours, supply/parts orders, contracting out options, clean-up
- Assemble machinery
- Perform maintenance services
- Recognize, identify and offer solutions to potential safety/emergency issues
- Ability to meet productivity requirements while operating in a safe and efficient manner
- Operate large diversity of hand and power tools associated with the repair of heavy-duty plant equipment.
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks on various pieces of equipment
- Other duties may be assigned
What we look for:
- At least 4 years of relevant job experience
- Welding experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Work independently with written and/or oral instructions
- Work well with and without supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills (ability to read and write in English, as is affected by direction and paperwork)
- Good attention to detail and understanding of the structure and operation of the Prepared Foods department.
- Must be able to operate equipment (forklift, floor jack, etc.) safely and professionally.
What you'll gain:
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive salary - $22+ per hour depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program