If youre passionate about positively impacting children by providing life-changing access to educational resources and technology to all learners inner-city, rural, low-income, special education students, dual-language learners, and more then we want to discuss this opening with you!
Waterford.org is seeking a Technical Support Specialist to take ownership for incoming phone calls, chat sessions and email queries from families and schools. The specialist provides product navigation, instructional, and technical support for all of Waterford.org hosted products, mobile applications and provided equipment. As a first responder, you will seek to resolve all cases that can be resolved by your product and program expertise, help documentation, or Knowledgebase articles.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Answer inbound chat, emails, and phone calls from families and schools, log cases and resolve issues.
- Determine if issue is already addressed with existing Knowledgebase article, help topics, video tutorials and if not create new documentation or request new support material.
- Monitor the inbound case queue in Salesforce.
- Interact with the Product, QA, Engineering and other teams as needed using the swarming process for new or unknown situations.
- Conduct Zoom sessions with customers for fact finding and to gather screen captures, log files, error messages, etc.
- Determine if issue already exists and is a known defect that is currently being tracked in JIRA.
- Interact with other swarm teams to resolve customer issue and warm transfer customer when necessary with a fully documented case.
- Ongoing customer engagement and technical training to help with current and future technical trends and releases.
- Participate in rotation for off hours and weekend coverage.
- Ability to provide a confident and calming demeanor to our customers throughout issue resolution.
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose and understand support issues and customer frustration.
- Ability to learn new technical information quickly.
- Must be self-motivated to personal growth and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and deliver solutions in a high-pressure and fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, courteously and professionally.
- Adept at conveying technical information to non-technical individuals.
- 1+ years Technical Support and/or Customer Service experience.
- Experience with CRM Case Management platforms such as Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Experience troubleshooting web and mobile applications.
- Basic experience troubleshooting end-user computer equipment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Cloud Based Processes and Applications.
- A+ certified training or Microsoft Certifications or equivalent certifications or experience.
- Excellent written and verbal Communication Skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
Waterford.org is an education nonprofit with a mission to achieve universal literacy for children through equity, access, and parent empowerment. Waterford creates programs that empower parents as a child's first teacher at home and supports teachers in the classroom. Currently, Waterford.org serves over 300,000 children across 43 states every year.
Our Commitment to Equity & Inclusion
Waterford.org's commitment to inclusive excellence is foundational to achieving our mission of universal literacy. Waterford.org is a mission-driven organization, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are at the heart of what we do. These values inform our internal culture and drive our external focus on making a difference for children and families in underserved communities. At Waterford, we actively seek talent who bring diverse backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and identities to their work and demonstrate a commitment to advancing our mission.
Working at Waterford.org
Waterford.org team members are located across the United States and primarily work from home. We anticipate this position will pay $16/hour+ annually depending on the education, experience and skill level of the individual we hire. We offer a phenomenal benefits package that includes fully paid primary premiums for health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance, and disability insurance. New hires receive a one-time HSA contribution. Retirement contributions are matched up to 5% by the organization. Plus, a generous vacation, sick, and holiday offering. Currently, Waterford requires all new hires to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or file a religious or medical exemption (as applicable by federal, state, and local law).