The Boston Architectural College (BAC) is committed to providing all our students an integrated and exemplary educational experience while ensuring their individual success and empowering them to fully actualize their potential. We embrace diversity and inclusivity in all its forms, while striving to create an equitable global community.
The Assistant Registrar for Students will focus on degree audits, registering new students, setting up and monitoring registration for all returning students, while working closely with colleagues to foster a professional, knowledgeable, and welcoming environment for all BAC constituents.
This is a full-time exempt position of 40 hours per week, reporting to the Registrar and a member of the Office of Student Services.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide proactive, professional, and friendly service in all interactions.
- Manage the degree audit process from the initial review of upcoming graduates to verifying that all graduation requirements have been met prior to conferring degrees.
- Work closely with Admissions to register new students. This requires there are enough seats available in sections and make schedule changes based on the approval of transfer credits.
- Ensure student records are up to date for registration including updating segment level and registration groups.
- Monitor the add/drop queue in Self-Service for all students.
- Verify student schedules to ensure prerequisites have been met, there are no time conflicts and ensure students are in the appropriate section i.e. onsite or online.
- Manage the ordering/printing of diplomas for graduating students.
- Support the Registrar with student file management.
- Assist with curriculum updates.
- Complete Enrollment Verifications for outside vendors as needed i.e. Ontario Student Assistance Program, Embassy of Kuwait etc.
- Serve as backup support to process Enrollment Verifications, in house transcripts, add/drop requests, courses withdrawals, etc.
- Serve as backup to the Student Advocates for escalated situations and front-line service when needed.
- Other tasks as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No.
EDUCATIONAL criteria: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in higher education.
- 1-3 years' experience in a registration related setting preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Computer literate, including effective use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication and consultative skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Ability and willingness to support collaborative efforts.
- Be committed to the mission of the BAC and carry out the highest quality of service to BAC constituencies.
Work Schedule requirements:
- This is a hybrid position. Two days a week in person will be required. Days in the office may vary depending on the time of year and needs of the office.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in accordance with the academic season.