Gotham Greens is seeking an energetic and passionate Key Account Manager for its retail channel who will drive strategic growth and revenue generation for the company’s key customers on a national scale. This role will be responsible for the acquisition and day to day management of key sales opportunities to increase product distribution and partnerships on a national level. The individual will maintain frequent contact with current and prospective key accounts to be the lead point of contact for all key account matters, anticipate the customer’s needs and work internally within the company to ensure the customer’s needs are being met. This position Is ideally based at the company’s NY headquarters or regional office in IL, RI, MD or CO. Flexibility to be remotely based outside of a company office region depending on qualifications and experience.
Areas of Responsibility
- Grow topline revenue, profit, and market share by proactively identifying strategic and long-term growth and profit opportunities for key accounts
- Work with the senior leadership team to determine and manage product pricing and trade spend in alignment with the company’s sales strategy and proactively track progress toward operational goals
- Develop trusting relationships between major key clients and the company
- Develop new contacts and maintain key customer relationships throughout the retail channel to increase Gotham Greens’ brand visibility and drive new placements
- Sustain and grow business with existing customers
- Manage all communication between key accounts and internal teams
- Work closely with the marketing department to ensure success at key retailers
- Manage relationships with field representatives and shopper marketing teams to drive successful product placement and build relationships with key national accounts
- Partner with the marketing department to ideate and execute consumer facing marketing plans relevant to the retail channel
- Prepare and deliver effective sales materials for account presentations
- Analyze syndicated data and incorporate that information into sales pitches and presentations to secure business and favorable margins with key accounts
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Enter and update customer records in CRM software
- Other duties as assigned
- Think strategically to drive sales results
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute
- Work collaboratively internally with Sales team and externally with Key Accounts
- Identify and analyze areas of the sales process for continuous improvement
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Adhere to and represent the core values of Gotham Greens
- Minimum of 7 years of sales experience in the food industry
- Must have prior experience calling on the leading national and regional retailers, distributors, and operators
- Knowledge of key account contacts in the retail industry
- Experience in key account management
- Experience in cold calling, networking, and lead generation, all with the ability to capture and close new business
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Strong understanding of syndicated data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient and computer literate SaaS digital tools such as MS Office, Teams, Salesforce, Asana, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, food science, or related degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Understands the culture of a rapidly growing disrupter brands
- Ability to travel to key accounts, company office locations, as well as adaptability to the current Work From Home environment
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.