- High school diploma;
- At least 3 years of experience supporting executives and their teams;
- Excellent attention to detail, multi-tasking, organizational, interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills are essential;
- Experience interacting with and supporting the Board of Directors or government commissions;
- Strong computer systems experience including expert level in Microsoft Word, Google docs, Google Calendar, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Excel, and the ability to learn other programs quickly;
- The judgment to prioritize duties during periods of high activity required;
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism;
- Valid California driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle with current insurance that can be used for company business;
- Fingerprinting/background check as required by the Department of Justice and/or Title XXII regulations.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range from $25.71 - $31.25. The salary is based on a level of experience and education that significantly exceeds the minimum requirements and is commensurate with the compensation scale.
- 403(b) Retirement Benefits with up to 3% employer match after 1 year of service
- Credit Union and Employee Assistance Plan
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Pay
- Subsidized annual Eco Pass
Work Environment & Requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, and talk or hear.
NOTICE: The statements herein are intended to give a broad description of this job function and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties and/or projects may be assigned.
SJCC Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
The San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. The Corps and School does not discriminate based on an individual's race, sex, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, hair style, hair texture or any other basis prohibited by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter School is an “At-Will” employer. We conduct pre-employment background checks and drug screens.
About the San Jose Conservation Corps:
San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter School develops young adults to create transformational change for our community and our planet. Our vision is for a hopeful and sustainable community that nurtures the aspirations of all young people. . We believe in Service to Self, Service to Community, and Service to Environment. For more information about the Corps, visit www.sjcccs.org.
This position is open until filled. Please apply online at sjcccs.org/jobs and submit the required documentation.
Recruiter / Onboarding Specialist
San Jose Conservation Corps Charter School
1560 Berger Drive
San Jose, CA 95112