The Downtown Womens Center seeks a full-time Health and Wellness Program Supervisor to oversee the array of services provided at our Health and Wellness Program and provide direct services to program participants. Health and Wellness Program Supervisor supervises staff, volunteers, interns, and participants in Health and Wellness programs, and works closely with the Director of Health & Wellness to ensure effective program management. Additionally, this position is responsible for coordination of services and activities, during the week and weekends, for Health and Wellness programs, including the Day Center and Bridge Housing, . This position is a part of the Health & Wellness Department and reports directly to the Director of Health & Wellness.
- Supervise the delivery of direct services to participants in Health and Wellness Programs daily, including coordination of services, such as meals, showers, enrichment activities, and groups; including set up, clean up, implementation, and oversight of activities
- Schedule, supervise, train, and mentor program staff, interns, volunteers, and participants in the provision of services; maintain adequate coverage of Health and Wellness programs and activities at all times
- Provide crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and mediation as necessary meanwhile creating a safe and welcoming environment
- Collaborate with other staff to meet the goals of the Health and Wellness programs, and the organization as a whole
- Participate in internal and external meetings and trainings
- Provide monthly written reports to the Director of Health & Wellness; additional reports as assigned
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies (I.e. Flexibility, Communication Proficiency, Budget Management, Relationship Management)
- Trauma informed
- Good Communicator
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong problem solving and crisis intervention skills
- Able to build relationships across departments, disciplines, and backgrounds
- Provides supervision to a team of full time, part-time, and on-call staff who provide 24 hour coverage to the Health and Wellness programs.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a [full-time] position. Days and hours of work are [Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm] An adjusted schedule may sometimes be required, to include some nights or weekends.
Some local travel to meetings, trainings, and for other activities may be required .
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in psychology, social work, or a related field preferred but not required
- Direct service provision with homeless or high risk population preferred
- Experience working in a multi-service agency preferred
- 1 year supervising staff preferred
- Experience working in a similar shelter or day center environment
- Experience working with issues of homelessness, trauma, mental health and substance abuse preferred
- Lived experience a plus
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Knowledge of the complexity of poverty and womens homelessness, including mental illness, needs of older adults and the impact on individual and community health
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and ability to lead a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to exercise and model good judgment, especially in crisis situations
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and set and meet goals and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Ability to be flexible with hours when needed
- Current valid California state drivers license, insurance, and vehicle with good driving record
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English a plus
Downtown Womens Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identify, sexual orientation, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Downtown Womens Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.