- Grade School graduation
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Ability to read and understand written material and instructions.
- Must be able to spend majority of shift walking, twisting, bending, pushing, stooping, and pulling.
- Must be capable of working in a fast- paced environment with multiple interruptions.
- Must be able to stand and exert well paced mobility.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Prior related experience preferred.
Physical Demands (when working in Laundry):
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by building environmental systems; however, laundry staff must be able to work in extreme temperatures found in laundry rooms (+80F), possibly for one hour or more. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
For further information about the J and all that we do in the community, please see our website: www.jccstl.org
The J is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify program.