Position: Photographer & Social Media Counselor
Location: Idyllwild, CA
Work Year: Summer Season (Estimated June, July, August)
Responsible to: Camp Director/Assistant Camp Director/Head Counselor(s)
A Photographer & Social Media Team Member is responsible for three areas:
- Photography Taking good quality photographs of campers having fun to be used for a wide range of purposes, including; social media, websites, and parent portal
- Social Media Be responsible for overseeing the camp's social media accounts during summer. Creating fun videos & photo content.
- Counselor You will not have a group of campers each week, but you will be called upon to cover groups as necessary
Specific Responsibilities (Examples of Duties):
You are Photographer Staff
- Be competent with (or be willing to be trained in);
- Photo Storage/Video Creation Platforms (iphoto, imovie, photobucket, etc)
- SmugMug/CampMinder Upload
- Camp duties
- Taking photos and uploading them to SmugMug/CampMinder daily
- Taking Team Photos each session and printing
- Creating the comprehensive final night slideshow
- Working on daily photos and uploading appropriate ones
You are Social Media Staff
- Working with Guided Discoveries Social Media Head
- Brainstorming, and creating weekly content as assigned by Media Head
- Meeting once weekly with the social media team
- 6 hours per week spent on social media projects
- Includes weekly meeting
- Content gathering, creation and delegation
You are Counseling Staff
- Train with counselors in all categories pertaining to camper interaction
- Eat with campers at least 2 meals a day
- Night Watch every night (after Campers are asleep)
- When not taking photos or working on essential social media, be present at Rec Time and evening program
- When not working on photos/Social media be out and engage with campers
- As best as possible, work to get all necessary tasks done during the day
- Any other task deemed fit by Camp Director and Head Counselor(s)
- Must be able to effectively work with the campers, counselors, supervisors and other staff.
- Ability to communicate any problems with staff or campers to Camp Director, Assistant Camp Director, or Head Counselor(s).
- Ability to assist campers and staff in the transition of camp life.
- Good physical condition with mobility, visual and auditory skills to maintain control of 8-10 campers in a variety of environments (in the dorms, on hikes, in learning sessions, in the water, etc).
- Ability to lift, carry and move heavy objects when necessary.
- Good communication and organization skills are necessary to ensure a good experience for the staff and campers.
- Ability to properly respond to emergency situations and enforce appropriate safety rules.
- Full meals at the camp dining hall when the kitchen is in operation.
- Workers compensation insurance and State disability insurance.
- Ability to participate in camp programs.
- Opportunity to live and work in a beautiful outdoor environment.
First-year counselors will receive $500.00/week.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Staff may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
The employee member is subject to environmental conditions found working indoors/outdoors. The employee member is frequently subject to extreme heat, with temperatures up to 80-95 degrees with humidity of 75 100 % while moving around in and outside of camp. The employee member is frequently subject to loud noise when working in or around the camp. The employee member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals and animals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot stoves, cookware, plate ware or glassware. The employee member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understand the content of this job description. I understand the Company at its discretion may revise the job description from time to time in the future. I understand and agree that nothing in this job description should be construed as a contract of employment, and that employment with this Company is at-will meaning that the terms of employment may be changed with or without notice, with or without cause, including, but not limited to termination, demotion, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, duties and location of work.