Lighthouse Central Florida is a mission-driven, values based organization providing optimal blend of rehabilitation training services and real world application to help individuals of all ages, who live with any degree of vision loss to adjust to their reality with grace and confidence so that can remain active, productive members of our community.
We are seeking an HR Generalist who possesses knowledge of principles, practices and standards to oversee and maintain Human Resources and Payroll efforts for Lighthouse Central Florida and Lighthouse Works with major emphasis in benefit administration, 401k, payroll, and compliance. Be a model and champion all core values and support the mission of the organization.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Assist with planning and monitoring of employee annual appraisals and quarterly conversations.
- Assist and coach managers in corrective action process, performance improvement plans; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Offboard employees, including conducting exit interviews and making recommendation for improvement and reporting issues; administration of COBRA and updating other parties as needed.
- Maintain Human Resources Information System (HRIS): processing employee data, generating HR-related reports, managing system upgrades and maintaining data integrity.
- Process bi-weekly payroll accurately and timely for Lighthouse Central Florida and Lighthouse Works.
- Maintain payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Pay employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings, deductions, job titles, and department/division transfers.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Understanding of payroll liabilities, the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Answer payroll related questions and respond to payroll requests
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Oversees and maintains a variety of compliance reporting requirements, including but not limited to, Affirmative Action Plans, EEO-1, etc.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of initial eligibility of benefits and at open enrollment and enrolling employees to the designated selections.
- Administer and handle all enrollment and reporting requirements for the 401K retirement plan.
- Monthly reconciliation of insurance billings ensuring proper charges and the collection of employee deductions
- Serve as a back up to onboarding and new hire orientation