McKinley Irvin is AV rated and recognized as a Tier 1 firm on U.S. News & World Report’s "Best Law Firms." We have offices in Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett, Vancouver, and Portland. Our 35+ attorneys focus exclusively on family law. For more than 30 years we’ve dedicated ourselves to our clients, their families and the evolving nature of what it means to be a family. First and foremost, we are empathetic advocates for our clients and relentless in our pursuit of the most favorable outcome on their behalf. We’re looking for a similarly minded full-time legal assistant/paralegal to join our collegial downtown Everett team.
Our legal assistants/paralegals are key components in our service delivery - relied upon by our attorneys and clients alike. They take responsibility for many aspects of our cases.
- Attend case status meeting with Attorney and maintain attendant Client Status Reports.
- Draft, file, serve and track general pleadings and documents/correspondence.
- Docket case schedules, hearings, mediations, depositions and associated deadlines.
- Run child support synopses using legal database application(s).
- Assist Attorney in drafting motion paperwork, Property Settlement Agreements/Separation Contracts, final orders, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs), Joint Statement of Evidence, ER 904 Notice, witness/exhibit lists, Interrogatories, Requests for Production and Subpoenas Duces Tecum and other case related pleadings and/or correspondence.
- Assemble motion documents, exhibits, Sealed Financial Source Documents, mediation materials, ER 904 Notice, Joint Statement of Evidence and trial notebooks.
- Prepare, assemble and arrange for delivery answers to Interrogatories and Requests for Production.
- Review answers to Interrogatories and Requests for Production for deficiencies and prepare memorandums and correspondence regarding same. Compare and contrast discovery responses and case records in Excel or Word.
- Format and revise Asset and Liabilities spreadsheets.
- Schedule trial witnesses for trial preparation with Attorney, maintain testimony schedule, spreadsheet and binder for trial witnesses.
- Supervise filing and document indexing & categorization projects with Legal Assistant and Document Clerks.