The Marketing intern will assist the VP of Marketing, Marketing Director, and adult marketing/publicity team to implement strategic plans for AMP products across our core content areas: humor, inspiration, poetry, children's, and puzzles and games.
This position works within a cross-functional team, which includes sales, editorial, and digital products, to assist with strategy development and marketing planning and implementation for brands, creators, and products.
- Pub list management - Updates pub list with changes weekly, coordinates with Marketing Director for brand management assignments, distributes to team, updates brand managers in Title Management
- Press releases - Creates press releases as needed
- Marketing plans - Proofs marketing plans as requested
- Pre-order incentives and/or giveaway landing pages - Creates landing pages and forms for pre-order giveaways as requested
- Author calls - Attends author calls as needed, provides recap of call details to internal participants
- Influencer campaigns - Researches influencers as requested, compiles pertinent information and provides to brand manager in useful manner
- Award management and submissions- Assists in research of upcoming award submission criteria and deadlines, researches new awards viability, presents criteria to larger marketing group for consideration, submits any books for awards as requested
- Publicity list curation - Creates publicity media lists for the department to use including: poetry, humor, self-care/self-help, graphic novels/memoirs, Black, LGBTQ, and RPG outlets
- Backlist book pitches: submits pitches to press as requested for any backlist titles
- Warehouse requests/comp requests: submits requests for books as requested
- Read Poetry assistance: creates new poet pages and works with the brand managers to receive necessary information, manages the addition and removal of events from Read Poetry as needed, creates and delivers assets for the newsletter as requested on a weekly basis
- Scheduling for Shared Zoom meetings: manages the schedule of the shared Zoom account, sends out upcoming weekly schedule to team
- Ad hoc projects as requested