The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Healhcare Systems Innovation and Support (HSIS) team, housed within NYC DOHMH’s Bureau of Equitable Health Systems focuses on implementing new health care delivery models and quality initiatives, payment reform programs, and connections between medical and social caret
We are seeking a Strategic Projects Specialist to join the HSIS team. The Specialist would project manage transformation activities with medical practices, community health centers, hospitals, and community-based organization partners in underserved communities of NYC. The specialist will support these partners to redesign care delivery and coordination workflows, implement new technologies, and coach partners to implement population health interventions, improve patient experience, and transition to reimbursement for better health outcomes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Care Transformation / Practice Facilitation
- Manage a caseload of medical and social services providers to implement quality improvement projects and care transformation projects.
- Conduct on-site and virtual (online or on telephone) visits with healthcare delivery system stakeholders, document visits electronically, collect required documentation for grant funding
- Analyze and interpret reports to communicate practice progress for both internal and external audiences
- Provide support for process redesign (e.g., workflows, documentation, standard processes) to improve efficiency
- Optimize partners’ Health IT systems to support improved performance and efficiency, including providing trainings on these systems
- Project Management
- Develop and maintain project plans, track deliverables, proactively manage issues and risks, facilitate internal and external meetings, and communicate with leadership on project progress
- Quality Improvement
- Facilitate PDSA (Plan-Do-Study-Act) rapid change cycles with partners and provide education on quality improvement principles to improve outcomes, patient satisfaction and operational efficiencies
- Training and Communication
- Develop and deliver presentations and trainings in group settings and via webinars to internal and external audiences
- Communication present ideas and concepts verbally and in writing in a way that fosters learning, collaboration and transfer of skills
If you’re looking for exciting work that moves the needle on patient outcomes, addresses health equity, shapes the future of healthcare delivery, and work in one of the most innovative health departments nationally, then bring your critical thinking skills and ability to process information quickly to this highly public facing and impactful role.