Dear Parents, Guardians and Corpsmembers –
Thank you for inquiring about a paid employment training position with the Los Angeles Conservation Corps’ Clean & Green program. The LA Conservation Corps is a nonprofit organization that provides more than 1,000 young people a year with paid training opportunities and environmental education, with an emphasis on community service.
Please consider the following before applying for a position with the Clean & Green program:
- Be between the ages of 14 years old and 17 years old.
- Be willing to work hard.
- Be enrolled in school and live in the City of Los Angeles.
- Complete an application.
- Be able to provide supporting documentation of your legal right to live and work in the United States. If hired, on your first day of work, you will need to bring such supporting documentation of your legal right to live and work in this country, as we are required by federal law to examine documentation of your employment eligibility within 3 business days after you begin work. Please see the attached list of acceptable documents for this purpose. We are required by federal law to examine documentation of your employment eligibility within three business days after you begin work.
Also, all applicants must include copies of the following upon being hired:
- School ID or California ID.
- Work Permit (*Not required until after applicant is hired).
In the Clean & Green program, Corpsmembers work on community beautification projects such as: maintaining trees, shrubs and gardens, painting, cleaning up alleys, removing graffiti, collecting recyclable materials and giving presentations in schools. Corpsmembers who are selected are required to participate in the following activities:
Orientation: this is a three-day, paid, mandatory introduction to the program for the weekday team. Topics covered are tool safety, harassment prevention, diversity training, safety awareness, policies and procedures, work schedule, and teamwork.
Work Experience Schedule : Weekday teams work Tuesdays through Saturday for 5.5 hours each day. Corpsmembers earn $16 per hour (to change to $17 per hour, effective 7/1/22) and are paid on the 5th and 20th of each month worked.
Completed applications can be walked in, mailed in or faxed to us. Our contact information is listed above.
Thank you for your interest in our program.