Bridgewater College is seeking a System Administrator to design, implement and manage new and existing systems in our IT environment. In addition to system administration, applicant should be able to provide assistance to first tier help desk staff and direct end user support.
- Day to day administration of Linux and Windows servers
- Patch management on the Linux and Windows servers
- Server and storage upgrades and updates
- Monitoring and validating server backups
- Assist with disaster recovery planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Experience with cloud computing platforms of Azure and/or AWS
- Familiar with Windows Active Directory
- SAN Management experience
- Backup administration experience
- Experience with hardware monitoring tools
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years’ experience in managing servers/systems preferred
- Familiarity with managing and maintaining SQL and similar databases
- Knowledge of and experience with scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, BASH, etc.)
- Experience with designing and implementing secure multi-tiered application environments that are consistent with Common Criteria and other best practice standards.
- Experience in higher education is highly desired
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater College was founded in 1880 as the first coeducational college in Virginia. Bridgewater offers bachelor’s degrees in approximately 60 majors and minors, along with four graduate programs, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, and teacher licensure. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
APPLY: Please complete the online application. Include (upload) a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Human Resources at email@example.com
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Bridgewater College, an equal opportunity provider and employer, is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse workforce and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation or any characteristic protected by law.
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AND ANNUAL FIRE SAFETY REPORT: The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years:
Annual Security Report
To request a printed copy, please call 540-828-5761