Under general supervision of the Technology Services Manager, the Computer Technician is responsible for installing and maintaining library hardware, software, and peripheral equipment in a LAN/WAN environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Installs, maintains, and tests software and hardware. Replaces or repairs equipment or parts as needed.
- Installs, maintains, and tests computer equipment and peripherals.
- Investigates, documents, and resolves problems related to computers and peripheral equipment and LANs.
- Receives, assembles, and installs technology equipment throughout the library system.
- Participates in system upgrades.
- Keeps equipment and licensing records updated within organizational records and inventories.
- Works with branch librarians and staff to troubleshoot problems both on site and remotely.
- Responds to phone, email, or text requests to resolve technology issues.
- Works with supervisor to complete library technology projects.
- May help troubleshoot and maintain other library equipment such as photocopiers, AV, and phone systems.
- Participates in meetings, serves on committees, and attends training opportunities as appropriate.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates ability to work with diverse populations.
- Models positive attitude toward library technology and change.
- Maintains courteous, friendly, and constructive relationships with patrons and staff.
- Promotes and advocates a positive library image in the community.
- Maintains professional growth and awareness through training, self-directed learning and other means to remain well-informed of current and emerging trends in the community and in libraries.
- Performs job in keeping with the adopted policies, procedures, and values of the Cecil County Public Library.