By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
Bio-Techne is pioneering solutions for the Cell and Gene Therapy industry from discovery to the clinic. Our innovative products accelerate cell and gene therapy innovation through simplified workflow, scalability and customization while adhering to the highest quality standards.
This hands-on position will support development and troubleshooting of novel polymeric reagents for cell activation, cell separation and other CGT applications. As part of the R&D team, this role will support product development by formulating reagents and testing them in a variety of analytical and cell-based assays. The role will work closely with product teams to develop new products and troubleshoot production of existing products for research and clinical applications.
You’ll join a multidisciplinary R&D team of biologists, engineers and chemists focused on developing innovative tools for immunotherapies and cancer research. This role presents unique opportunity to grow diverse technical and intellectual skills in a highly dynamic and impactful environment.
We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated by our mission and technology, is self-organized, and is flexible to support a range of project within a fast-growing organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Characterize hydrogel microparticles via ELISA, microscopy and flow cytometry based assays using established protocols in support of product development and manufacturing efforts
- Generate test batches of proprietary hydrogel microparticles using laboratory equipment and functionalize product prototypes with proteins using bioconjugation protocols
- Conduct cell-based experiments to evaluate functionality of product prototypes on immune cells.
- With supervision design, execute and interpret experiments to meet R&D objectives
- Collaborate with a diverse team of biologist, chemists and engineers to develop new products for cell and gene therapy applications
- Develop presentations and communicate technical results to internal technical groups
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and draft technical reports to comply with good laboratory practices and standard operating procedures.