By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
We are seeking a highly creative and driven Integration Process Engineer to join our Process Engineering team. You will work within a highly dynamic group serving as a resource and liaison between Research and Manufacturing. You will participate in integration of existing manufacturing processes into our manufacturing systems (primarily AX), new product transfer, process improvement and troubleshooting. Broad experience with multiple product lines, our manufacturing processes (BOMs, Routes, etc) and/or understanding of our database systems (AX, ICA, PDPT, etc) are desireable.
This position is a >75% computer-based position that will focus on the integration of our existing and new product lines into our manufacturing systems (primarily AX). This position will involve taking existing manufacturing documents and processes and enabling them to be integrated and managed in AX, ICA, etc. Projects will be diverse, with primary focus being on established existing product lines, but will also include product lines currently managed outside of AX, ICA or involve the integration of newly acquired product lines from the growing family of Bio-techne brands. Integration of these processes will enable better planning, resource management, reproducibility, reduce back-order times, improve documentation and will facilitate inter-departmental transfers and new product release. This position will also be responsible for assisting the rest of the Process Engineering team as an AX expert and resource during investigation of post-launch manufacturing, QC, marketing, and customer issues. This position will also enable optimization of processes to enhance or improve robust manufacturing of products manufactured at the Minneapolis site.
The Process Engineer will join a strong and fun multidisciplinary team of integration experts, biologists, chemists and engineers focused on developing robust, effective solutions to problems facing Bio-techne, with great opportunities to develop your technical and intellectual skill sets in a highly dynamic and interactive environment.
We are looking for an individual who is motivated, organized, with a positive can-do attitude, and the flexibility to support a diversity of company activities and projects.
- Integration of existing manufacturing processes and products into AX by the construction and maintenance of Bill of Materials (BOMs), Routes, etc.
- Integration of new manufacturing processes and products into AX or other IT systems.
- Work with Development to enable the smooth transfer of New Products from Development to Operations
- Participate in the setup of new items within AX
- Follow work instructions and guidelines
- Follow priorities by supervisor
- Work may change from day-to-day within reasonable and expected boundaries
- Complete all compliance trainings as assigned
- Manages time well and will put in extended time as needed
- Collaborates with other groups on projects of low/moderate complexity
- Understand applicable databases (AX, ICA, PDPT, etc)
- Meets quality expectations
- Propose process improvements and flag areas for improvement
- Ability to support and help others in the team
- Knowledge of work performed by the department and learning how to perform multiple functions within the department
- Demonstrate an increasing level of independence in daily work tasks
- Flexibility to work on multiple tasks with increased effectiveness
- Complete and conceptualize data
- With regular and detailed instruction, solve problems of limited scope.
- Follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Effectively prioritize and complete goals on time via demonstrated proficiency with planning and multi-tasking.
- Collaborate with biologists, chemists and engineers across Development, Operations, IT and Process Engineering teams