This position is responsible for setting and leading the content plan and overseeing a mix of B2B and B2C content creation for a group of clients. The content manager will lead and coordinate a team of writers, creatives, content creators, and channel leads to plan and fulfill significant monthly content needs across print, social and digital channels, focusing on the customer audience.
This position is responsible for understanding the clients’ business objectives and maintaining a keen understanding of target audiences, channels, tone/voice and the customer’s journey. This position requires experience integrating content planning with content marketing strategy across multiple channels. This position has a deep understanding of goal-oriented, branded content-style publishing and is a strong and versatile writer/editor committed to understanding audiences and how content serves the client’s organizational goals.
This role has team management responsibilities. This is a client-facing role requiring daily-to-weekly client interactions by phone, video call and email. Monthly face-to-face meetings will resume when able.
This role oversees the customer story lead process and the content gathering needs required to meet the client’s content strategy. This includes delivering guidance for on-location photo/video shoots and directing the story angle and various uses of the content.
- Manage content team members; be at least partially accountable for their performance. Coordinate other content writers or designers to help deliver quality marketing materials.
- Work with the content director, agency and client stakeholders and the content team to develop periodic (quarterly or monthly) content plans. Oversee the plan’s implementation and ongoing execution, and ensure it is followed.
- Assist the content director on the development of yearly strategic plans. Oversee its implementation and ongoing execution within the given audience.
- Work with the content director to create and/or update content marketing strategies based on the client’s unique business model, company budget and desired outcomes that include all relevant print, social and digital channels.
- Work with the agency insights team to execute measurement and reporting activities.Monitor content marketing results and make changes to the content marketing plan as a result of metrics. Provide insights and recommendations based on findings.
- Observe and provide insights on competitors in the client’s industry to identify their strengths and weaknesses in the marketplace.
- Identify target customers that are the intended recipients of the client’s content materials; learn their preferences, expectations and ultimate needs to deliver the content they will be most interested in.
- Identify key messages to effectively communicate the client's brand, message and voice.
- Have working knowledge or experience with content marketing tools intended to drive traffic, generate leads, convert them and retain customers, and apply that knowledge/experience to benefit client work.
- Follow content marketing and design trends -- across social, digital and print channels -- to implement innovative practices.
- Create written content for print and digital resources based on content marketing strategy.
- Provide useful editorial/proofreading feedback on content created by other writers to ensure content structure is well-organized, maximizes readability and visual attractiveness, and that it’s on-strategy and on-brand.
- Have basic SEO understanding and work with SEO specialists and others tasked with these responsibilities.
- Work with supervisor to ensure agency-client relationship remains on strategic footing. Ensure a consultative approach.
- Foster industry and strategic partner relationships on the clients’ behalf.
- Keep client apprised of industry-relevant news with updates as they occur.
- Lead special projects as-needed.