One Line Job Description: The Cafe Manager is responsible for managing Pantano's commercial kitchen, producing high-quality, affordable meals, recruiting and training kitchen team members, and collaborating with other ministries to provide food service as needed.
- Plan and execute excellent food service during Sunday services and church-wide events, fostering and furthering community on our campus
- Collaborate with supervisor, Operations Pastor, and Facilities Director to develop a vision and a plan for how the Pantano CafÃ© integrates within our Sunday services and events, with an emphasis on community and continual refinement
- Lead paid and unpaid team members in the vision for the CafÃ©, helping them each understand their role and importance in the execution
- Train and supervise staff and volunteers in needed areas, including customer service, cashiering, kitchen and food handling procedures
- Order and maintain adequate levels of cleaning supplies, paper products and food to keep the kitchen operating at optimum level; schedule and receive weekly deliveries
- Maintain inventory of kitchen smallwares equipment and maintain accurate records, maintenance and warranties on all equipment
- Manage and coordinate kitchen work for Sunday services and events to include: menu planning, ordering, setup, efficient serving layout, food prep/cooking and cleanup
- Work in partnership with each ministry requesting food services, helping with suggestions for menu selection and serving layout as needed
- Date, store, organize, and properly rotate food products.
- Develop a food service operating budget with supervisor
- Maintain detailed records of all purchases and prepare a cost per meal analysis for all functions
- Enforce a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in the operation of the kitchen and maintain the required top rating in compliance with Pima County Food Handlers guidelines
- Ensure that all invoices are submitted to the accounting office on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all purchases are charged to the appropriate kitchen budget accounts
- Provide conflict resolution between staff and/or volunteers if any were to arise.
- Maintain adequate supplies to support Memorial Team receptions that will utilize the Auditorium
- Order supplies for other Ministries as requested via Cafe Supply Form
- Funnel leftover food products to other approved ministries to control waste
- Establish a recipe book for regular Sunday morning recipes-- and update as appropriate
- Prepare food from scratch as much as possible, and when advantageous to do so