Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
We’re looking first a Sr Software Engineer to join our team of world-class in-house developers. The ideal candidate is a versatile and skilled Software Engineer/Developer with a passion for technology and application development. The candidate wants to make a difference for the better; bringing value to the world through innovation and simplicity. We're looking for self driven and motivated individuals who take ownership of their projects. This Engineer will be working closely with our product and project managers, designers, and developers to create beautiful and functional software used by merchants throughout the world.
- Solving problems
- Designing, building, and shipping software for multiple projects and applications
- Performing research to inform and validate software development decisions
- Development across a range of platforms (desktop, web, mobile, etc.)
- Working with the team to go above and beyond our duties to provide solutions and value to both our clients and ourselves
- 6+ years of experience developing robust code in .NET (C# / VB)
- 5+ years of experience developing UI-driven applications for desktop and/or mobile platforms, including backend development and public API integrations
- Experience with multi-process, multithreaded development
- Experience with JSON and XML data interchange formats for scalable, high-availability API integrations
- Exposure to cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
- Exposure to build, test and deployment automation technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- An eye for detail and passion for delivering software that provides a world-class experience to end users
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proficiency with Git (GitLab experience preferred)
- Proficiency with Jira
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or relevant work experience
We are looking for individuals that are extremely self-sufficient, available to work flexible hours, & hold themselves to the highest standards of professionalism. We will be evaluating candidates based on how they interview, prior experiences, functional knowledge, and references.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.