The Maintenance/Janitor Staff keeps the building clean and orderly condition. Under the supervision Program Administrator the Maintenance Staff will be responsible for keeping the buildings clean at the Family Development Center.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Remove debris from exterior of building and grounds of agency owned property
- Clean and sanitize all restrooms and replace toiletries daily or as needed.
- Remove all trash and clean trash receptacles daily.
- Mop and buff all non-carpeted floors as needed at least three days a week.
- Clean all interior doors base boards and fixtures as needed at least weekly.
- Clean all interior and exterior windows.
- Clean kitchen including degrease appliances and floor daily.
- Clean all ceiling fans and vent covers.
- Assist in cleaning of kitchen including degrease appliances and floor daily
- Dust all shelves, furniture’s and computers in each office and common area as needed.
- Clean air conditioners filters before summer use and least once during summer.
- Mow the grass and collect clippings at least once weekly during appropriate weather.
- Shovel snow from side walk and stairs during winter when appropriate
- On-call for building security issues.
- Monitor and control heating and ventilation systems.
- Repair broken windows or light fixtures on an as needed basis.
- Perform all duties necessary to insure that the buildings are free of hazardous conditions and secure.
- Other duties as assigned
Recommended Employment Qualifications
High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent is required.
Regular access to a reliable vehicle; have a valid Illinois driver's license and vehicle insurance. Ability to pass a physical exam every two years and a TB test yearly. Must be able to comply with background check, including fingerprints, as required by the agency and/or Illinois Licensing Agency. Successful experience working as an effective member of a team. Ability to present a positive image of the organization to members of the community. Visual acuity within professionally determined normal ranges, with correction if needed. Must be free of communicable diseases and breathing impairments.. Must be able to travel periodically to trainings. Ability to learn and comprehend information from Procedures Manuals and other materials. Ability to lift 55 pounds is required. Experience successfully working with a culturally diverse staff & clients desirable.
This position includes occasional evening and weekend meetings and events.This job involves standing for long periods as well as stooping, squatting, lifting and climbing.