Job Summary: Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, remotely, phone to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues. Research questions using available information resources, advise user on appropriate action follow standard help desk procedures and protocols. Log all help desk interactions, administer help desk software, redirect problems to appropriate resource identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention. Document resolutions. Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Desired: Professional certification from CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA, MTA, ITIL Foundation, CCENT.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Information Technology support.
- Technical knowledge of Network concepts/LAN, TCP/IP protocols, configure & setup routers and switches, current Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office 2010+, PC hardware (desktops and laptops), printers, and Windows terminal services. Active Directory, MS Exchange, FAS, Backup Exec, Symantec End-Point, Symantec Spam, and Track-It.
- Experience with Resort Suite, ShoreTel PBX system, wireless and basic WAN knowledge a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be physically capable of moderate to heavy manual labor and be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service skills in responding to user questions; assist in problem resolution and track problems to completion to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Answers the help desk line in a timely and professional manner with call escalation as necessary.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and basic network related issues.
- Analyzes problems (both technical and operational) and takes appropriate action to resolve issues quickly.
- Multi-task and prioritize problems based on business needs.
- Proficiency at communicating in “lay terms” the problems and solutions.
- Escalate problems as required to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Log all help desk calls for tracking purposes.
- Configure, deploy or upgrade computer hardware and software, printers and other peripherals.
- Perform basic system administrative functions as assigned, in accordance with corporate security policies.
- Responsible for daily rotation of archival tape backup for all servers and critical systems.
- Responsible for maintaining current updates for anti-virus and service level patches for desktop and laptop computers.
- Point of contact with vendors as needed for resolution of problems or for support under special maintenance agreements.
- Coordinate shipping of equipment as required for return or repair.
- Stay familiar with new technology in order to effectively evaluate user problems.
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security and the protection of automated corporate assets.
- Point of contact with telephone vendors for any telecommunications related issues.
- May require responding via telephone to after-hour/weekend support calls deemed critical to the business operations. Being on-call may be required.
Additional Responsibilities: Other projects and job duties may be assigned. May require a flexible work schedule.