Hiring immediately for Day shift.
Position requires the ability to work up to 40 hours per week, OT as required.
LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of “exceeding guest’s expectations”.
- Be professional and understanding when working with guests’ last minute requests with a positive can do attitude.
- Must be able to maintain a positive collaborative working relationship with other members of the food service department
- Must be punctual for all shifts. Dining, special events and banquet functions.
- Provide wait services to guests in a pleasant, efficient, helpful manner to include during regular dining and/or special events and banquet functions.
- Set and maintain dining room in accordance with operating standards during all dining operations.
- Must be able to work with front and back of the house staff to provide the best possible service.
- Maintain cleanliness of dining areas, and work stations at all times.
- Ensure grade “A” health standards are consistently meet.
- Follow posted duties for specific meals and events.
- Wear and maintain clean, pressed staff uniform, to include wearing name tag.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation policies, practices, procedures related to Covid-19 for front/back house operations, to include; wearing mask and clean gloves.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor or the Human Resources department.